The Slackers Lounge

As a guest, you will not be able to post or look at most of the forum. Registered users have more permissions, so sign up today!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Slackers Lounge

As a guest, you will not be able to post or look at most of the forum. Registered users have more permissions, so sign up today!

The Slackers Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guest, welcome to The Slackers Lounge

+5
torrentguy2
pizza
BrandonW
videogamer
shingo
9 posters

Another dangerous epidemic [Swine FLU]

shingo
    shingo
    Global Moderator Team Leader

Male
    Date Joined : 2009-03-01

Another dangerous epidemic [Swine FLU] - Page 2 Empty Another dangerous epidemic [Swine FLU]

Post by shingo Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:52 am

First topic message reminder :

Crying or Very sad [ Not another epidemic ]

Now with the Avian Flu going to pigs, these days having the economic crisis is bad enough. What the hell..

I wonder how is human going to cope with such outbreaks. It feels like the Human race is going to suffer it's retribution in neglecting mother nature.

Now I am wondering if the 2012 disaster going to be a huge epidemic spread across the whole world. With the disease spreading faster with each occurrence.

I wonder if it is too late for us to restore balance to the world? Wonder why wasn't there such illness in the past and all off a sudden we have so much scary illness all over the world.
    shingo
    shingo

Male

Another dangerous epidemic [Swine FLU] - Page 2 Empty Re: Another dangerous epidemic [Swine FLU]

Post by shingo Tue May 19, 2009 4:00 am

There are cures currently.. Except that there is no vaccine ... That's the big problem

The tamiflu and something.. is the cure.. But if the strain is going to evolve past this cure. That's it for humans.
    pizza
    pizza
    Founder
    Founder

Male
    Date Joined : 2009-02-28

Another dangerous epidemic [Swine FLU] - Page 2 Empty Re: Another dangerous epidemic [Swine FLU]

Post by pizza Tue May 19, 2009 4:01 am

Just today (odd)

On May 18, 2009, a group of South Korean scientists said they have succeeded in developing a human vaccine against H1N1 Influenza A
    shingo
    shingo

Male

Post by shingo Tue May 19, 2009 4:06 am

WOW..
    This is a piece of good news finally
    pizza
    pizza
    Founder
    Founder

Male

Post by pizza Tue May 19, 2009 4:07 am

now we wait as the governement asks for it
    shingo
    shingo

Male

Post by shingo Thu May 28, 2009 3:35 am

Damm. The first case hits singapore...
    pizza
    pizza
    Founder
    Founder

Male

Post by pizza Fri May 29, 2009 4:16 am

the numbers seem to drop a bit but learns out the cure wont be made to a vaccine, and its going to be expensive as my classmates and my girlfriend talked about it
    shingo
    shingo

Male

Post by shingo Sat May 30, 2009 4:22 am

Guess it's no point making it to a vaccine as it changes and evolves. Unlike other illness that can be vaccinated, Like chicken pox for example, does not evolve and change over time.
    pizza
    pizza
    Founder
    Founder

Male

Post by pizza Sat May 30, 2009 4:39 am

guess we have to fight it with our bare hands...nothing
    shingo
    shingo

Male

Post by shingo Sun May 31, 2009 4:37 am

Bare hands? Shocked

I would fight with soap and antiseptic sprays .. LOL...
    Tyranitar
    Tyranitar

Date Joined : 2009-05-31

Post by Tyranitar Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:09 pm

Calm down. Don't be idiots. Americans are also called panickers for a reason.

There was 1 death and it was a baby in the USA. Big whoop. Seems to me that elderly people and babies are the most common deaths. No one else died and they're closing down school for pete's sake.

Now that is proof of spoiled panickers. Sometimes americans want to be Little mr or ms. perfect. Big deal, suck it up...
    pizza
    pizza
    Founder
    Founder

Male

Post by pizza Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:24 pm

its going down but the confirmed cases number is HUGE!
    shingo
    shingo

Male

Post by shingo Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:20 am

I guess it is a good point not to take things easy .

But this is really not a good time for such a virus out break. Already the economy is bad enough.

This is one scary way if terrorists want to use as a way to kill people. They just have one suicide member to catch the strain and move about in public.
    pizza
    pizza
    Founder
    Founder

Male

Post by pizza Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:25 am

hmm...guess i cant go anywhere this summer....im scared to death
    TigTrivers
    TigTrivers

Date Joined : 2009-04-01

Post by TigTrivers Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:23 am

I think the Swine flu will either disappear or turn into a super virus an will be the next Spanish influenza
    shingo
    shingo

Male

Post by shingo Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:07 pm

Here's some thing for all to remember to be clean as the swine flu is still around