The Slackers Lounge

As a guest, you will not be able to post or look at most of the forum. Registered users have more permissions, so sign up today!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Slackers Lounge

As a guest, you will not be able to post or look at most of the forum. Registered users have more permissions, so sign up today!

The Slackers Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guest, welcome to The Slackers Lounge

+2
pizza
shingo
6 posters

Apple tries to slience family over exploding device

shingo
    shingo
    Global Moderator Team Leader

Male
    Date Joined : 2009-03-01

Apple tries to slience family over exploding device Empty Apple tries to slience family over exploding device

Post by shingo Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:11 am

The father of an 11-year-old girl said Apple tried to keep him from speaking about his daughter's iPod after it exploded last month.

Ken Stanborough said after he dropped the iPod Touch, it began hissing and started to get hot. As a precaution, he threw the iPod outside and "within 30 seconds there was a pop, a big puff of smoke and it went 10 (feet) in the air," he said.

Apple agreed to give them a refund, but only if he signed a confidentiality agreement, agreeing not to disclose any information about the incident. he found the letter "appalling" and refused to sign it.

To be fair, letters from companies in situations like this are most likely standard procedure. However, this isn't the first time Apple has been accused of trying to stop people from reporting on faulty iPods.

Shocked Amazing, exploding ipods. I suppose they need to review their hardware a little more in terms of safety standards. If explosion could ever happen to devices just by dropping it, that is dangerous. Imagine one unlucky person dropping a ipod touch while he is pumping petrol at the petrol station.

Source : http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10302038-37.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20
    pizza
    pizza
    Founder
    Founder

Male
    Date Joined : 2009-02-28

Apple tries to slience family over exploding device Empty Re: Apple tries to slience family over exploding device

Post by pizza Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:34 am

Bad Apple. This is why i dont like Ipods now. I prefer the radio Razz
    shingo
    shingo

Male
    Date Joined : 2009-03-01

Apple tries to slience family over exploding device Empty Re: Apple tries to slience family over exploding device

Post by shingo Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:21 pm

pizza wrote:Bad Apple. This is why i dont like Ipods now. I prefer the radio Razz

Lame...

Quick , throw away all your mp3 players ... and get a radio tuner..

dancing
    SgtSpike
    SgtSpike

Male
    Date Joined : 2009-07-13

Post by SgtSpike Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:06 am

It happens once in a blue moon, I dont go anywhere without my ipod!!!
    whatif

Date Joined : 2009-09-07

Post by whatif Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

It's still hazardous.
    You see Apple has very communist beliefs, drop your Ipod and pay the price!
    NuclearWarlord

Date Joined : 2009-08-15

Post by NuclearWarlord Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:47 am

Lolcommies.

I only listen to radio, because I like my Hannity and Rush, they have good stuff...
    StevenF50

Date Joined : 2009-11-25

Post by StevenF50 Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:33 pm

And this could be made up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:32 am